Infrastructure operated within the town area by the Water and Sewerage Ltd Company in Konin consists of:
A Collective water supply network (Central Water Network)
The Collective water supply network is a Konin – Kurów Water Station along with a pipeline system expanding practically across the whole area of the town.
Efficiency of the station is 19 344 m3/ d. It is based upon a Konin – Kurów water intake with approved exploitation resources Qc = 806 m3 /h. The water intake has been granted a water – use licence No. DSR.VI. 6213-69/08 from 20. 01. 2009 for special water use, valid to 31.12.2018 issued by the Marshall of the Wielkopolska Province.
The length of the Central Water Network is 292 km including 34,9 km of water main distribution line, 179,7 km of a distribution grid, 77,4 km of water supply cross connections. There are 5522 water cross connections including 5314 to houses and collective dwelling buildings. 76 900 citizens use the water supply network, which is 99% of the general number of Konin citizens.
A collective sewerage piping
The collective sewerage piping is naturally divided into two subsystems by the Warta river: into a left bank drainage basin and into a right bank drainage basin. Both drainage basins work in a gravity – pump system, transporting sewage to a left bank sewage treatment plant, a right bank sewage treatment plant and to a Janów sewage treatment plant.
The length of the sanitary sewerage piping exploited within the left bank drainage basin is 94,4 km, comprising of 70,9 km gravity sewer pipes, of 5,1 km pressure pipelines, of 18,4 km sewer cross connections. The company operates also 22 sewer pump stations.
The number of sewer connections used by the Company is 3 643, including 3 452 connections to houses and collective dwelling buildings. 95,6% of the town has sewerage installed.
The company has worked out a Plan of development and modernisation of water supply and sewage collecting utilities belonging to the Water and Sewerage Ltd Company in Konin for years from 2013 to 2016. Planned investment expenditures for that time are 60 mln PLN.
The plan includes:
1. Development investments – building new water supply and sewage collecting utilities.
2. Replacement investments – sustaining the operating efficiency of water supply and sewage collecting utilities on the same level by replacing over-exploited ones.
3. Investments in modernisation – modernising recently exploited water supply and sewage collecting utilities by increasing their technical and exploitation parameters.
Realising the tasks will enable:
1. Sustaining production efficiency and securing work of the facilities on the proper level.
2. Meeting line of business related standards and the European Union directives.
3. Gaining new service recipients.
4. Limiting failures in the collective water supply and sewerage piping. Furthermore it will secure realisation of the basic aim of the company, stated in the Quality Management System Policy and Environmental Management System, which is fulfilling needs of recent and future clients concerning collective water supply and sewage collecting and treatment, regarding the law and with proper attention to the environment protection.
The realisation of certain tasks has been coordinated with investments of the town of Konin and with proceedings of administrators of other technical infrastructure in order to improve and rationalise the investment and overhaul process.
The basic duties of the Konin Water and Sewerage Ltd Company concerning collective water supply and sewerage collecting are done by Productive Departments:
WATER PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT
The Water production department takes care of the operating and preserving water intakes, water stations and emergency water sources in the Konin area, keeping operation and maintance manuals of the utilities. It provides external services congruent with its profile.
NETWORK EXPLOITATION DEPARTMENT
The network exploitation department takes care of operating, preservation and supervising of technical condition of the water supply network, water supply cross connections, sewerage piping and sewer cross connections. It is responsible for maintaining continuity of water supply and collecting sewer as well as for meeting quality standards. It organises the work of the water supply and sewer collecting emergency and the dispatcher service in the company. It provides external services congruent with its profile.
SEWAGE TREATMENT DEPARTMENT
The sewage treatment department takes care of operating and maintaining work continuity of the sewage treatment plants and the sewage pumping stations. It is responsible for sustaining the effects of sewage treatment stated in the water supply and sewage licence regulations. It provides external services congruent with its profile.